Yes, you read that right – pregnant man. Thomas Beatie stunned the world in June 2008 when he became the first man in the world to become pregnant and have a baby. Over the period between 2008 and 2010, the family’s annual income has fallen from over $300,000 to negative $16,000. Today, he and his wife are bankrupt, having filed for bankruptcy a year after their third child was born.
Thomas and his wife Nancy filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after the economic recession and stock market crash badly affected their T-shirt printing business and wiped out their savings. This resulted in their home being repossessed last year. Since then they have been surviving on food stamps and have moved into their holiday home in Phoenix, Arizona.
According to their bankruptcy papers, the couple’s monthly expenses are paid for with the help of $916 in food stamps and cash assistance. Diapers alone cost them $400 a month. Their current average monthly income is just above $3,500 and they claim they only have $150 in the bank. Bankruptcy documents record that they have about $1 million in assets and $3 million in liabilities that include over $330,000 in credit card debts and over $14,000 in medical bills.
Thomas and Nancy have three children, Susan who is 2 years old, Austin aged 20 months and Jensen, now seven months in age. But despite their tight financial situation, they are still planning to have a fourth child. Thomas claims he can only get pregnant 4 days out of a year and he plans to conceive “sooner rather than later”. He said, “We are staying positive and we’re determined to make this a good family home. We’re both strong people and we’ve been through worse things in our lives. People might think this will have affected us and brought us down, but we refuse to let things beat us, and we don’t want anyone’s sympathy.”
According to Thomas, he plans to get his testosterone again and work out to get back in “good manly shape” after his fourth and final child.
If you are struggling financially, consider taking the step of bankruptcy. Filing for bankruptcy may save you from all your financial problems and give you a fresh start in life. Give us a call at (813) 200 4133 for a free consultation.
- Kendra Wilkinson's mom has apparently filed bankruptcy …
- Finding Home Within You: Attachment Theory and Your Inner …
- IE9 Roll Out in Late June | Windows 7 News
- Microsoft Sets June Date for Automatic IE 9 Upgrades | Webmonkey …
- Close Reading: “In the Tower: Nam June Paik” – Arts Desk …
- ShoutMeLoud Monthly Income Report March 2011
- No Proof of Income Mortgage – What You Need to Know
- Freakonomics » The Incredible Shrinking Food Packages
- Bill Murray, Phone Home! 'Ghostbusters 3? And FDR Await …
- Peabody Winners: 'Good Wife,' 'Men Of A Certain Age,' HBO Among …
- Full Trailer: Child Of Eden For Kinect
- Sega Toys' New Home Planetarium Shows Tokyo Sky Tree Skyscraper
- INSTANT INCOME CASH MACHINE Review – OFFICIAL by Clayne Keegan
- INSTANT INCOME CASH MACHINE Review
- SEEKING: Asian Man To Give Me A Child | Best Week Ever
- What Are The New Houston Bankruptcy Laws | ArticleField.com
- Slow Food Nation Welcome Pavilion / Jensen Architects | ArchDaily
- A Year Later–The Windows Phone 7 Numbers That Matter
- 'New media code of conduct before June' – The Express Tribune
- Microsoft: No massive IE9 push until June – TNW Microsoft